11.13.2010

weekend brunch: chesapeake tempeh cakes

I actually made these babies a while ago, but while looking over pictures of brunches past to figure out what to post today, I realized they'd never made it into the blog. They're the PPK's Tempeh Chesapeake Cakes, also in the Vegan Brunch cookbook. Obviously I didn't add hot sauce, and I used finely diced zucchini instead of red pepper (just like I recommend you do to replace chopped bell peppers in yesterday's entry!). They're like what I imagine crab cakes would be if I 'd ever had crab cakes. Served on the side: my boyfriend's famous homemade tofu bacon. I'll write out the recipe sometime this month; it's amazing.

It's sunny and warm in Boston, and everything is such a bright color after all the rain and gray of this week. Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said... Best Blogger Tips

I love those tempeh cakes, they made me like tempeh! I look forward to you posting the tofu bacon recipe - it looks great.

Jen Treehugger said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh I so have to get that cook book 'cos I've heard wonderful things about this recipe and your photo just confirms this even more.
:)

panda with cookie said... Best Blogger Tips

I have yet to make those. And now I wish I had them for dinner.