10.29.2011

Saturday Snack: popsicles

I'm writing this ahead of time, but when it actually posts, I will be on my honeymoon in New Orleans! It's gotten chilly in Boston, but New Orleans is still quite warm, so it's not entirely unseasonal to write about one of my favorite warm-weather snacks: Popsicles!
I like popsicles, but they're usually too sickly sweet for me by the end, which is why I love making them at home. I can control how sweet they get. The one above is just chocolate soymilk, and tasted just like a fudgesicle, but not quite as sweet--perfect for me! I also freeze juice and smoothies in my popsicle molds.

I did find some store-bought popsicles that are really good without being too sweet.
Smooze! They're a combination of coconut milk and fruit juices. And they're like push-pops!
Yummmm.

2 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said... Best Blogger Tips

I love popsicles too, or ice lollies as we call 'em here!

Sarah E. Hoffman said... Best Blogger Tips

I bought some monster shaped popsicle molds - the lady thought I was buying them for my kids - Nope! a mid-twenties gal can make her own monoster pops, can't she?