9.19.2014

dessert friday: apple cider jellies

A while back, I read and bookmarked a recipe on the kitchn for "spiced apple jellies." This is a classier way of saying make-your-own apple juice jello (with agar). I loved jello-esque things, but I don't like apple juice, so I decided to try the recipe with apple cider once when I had family coming to visit.

It was a success!
I topped it with whipped coconut cream. Because I used apple cider, it was tart, but in a good way. It was also so light that I had the leftover cups for breakfast the next couple of days.

I always find agar to be firmer than I want it to be; next time I might try less (so a scant teaspoon). Also next time, I'm going to take a tip from them and serve it in cute little mugs; I just didn't own cute little mugs at the time of making these.

2 comments:

randy said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Sarah Palin , very interesting post thanks for sharing. Can I contact your through your email. Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387 at gmail.com

Lianah said... Best Blogger Tips

wow... that was a healthy dessert... I love using apple cider for my diet..
Informative URL for Water Damage Clean up