7.20.2008

what to do with 7 quarts of mimiccreme

The title to the post is both a statement and a question. I am out of ideas. It doesn't help that it's near 90 degrees and humid all the time; who wants something heavy like fake cream when you can't move without sweating? So if y'all have any recommendations, let me know!

If you remember, my mother gave me 7 quarts of mimiccreme from her natural food store. It's great stuff - but honestly, 7 quarts of anything is overwhelming. So the last few weeks, I have tried it in a few things.

MimicCreme Use Number 1: Strawberry Shortcake
I added sugar and vanilla, and while it tasted just like the whipped cream my mother used to make, the MimicCreme never thickened, even though I tried whipping it until my arm hurt from holding the mixer for so long.

MimicCreme Use Number 2: Rice Pudding
Made with "Forbidden Rice" and mucho cardamom.

MimicCreme Use Number 3: Bread Pudding
My roommate made this, actually, with some really rich (vegan!) chocolate bread from When Pigs Fly bakery, MimicCreme and rum.

MimicCreme Use Number 4: In Oatmeal
Coconut Cashew Kiwi Oatmeal
Orange-Apricot Oatmeal

MimicCreme Use Number 5: Pouring It Over Things
...like Peach CobbIer! I forget to take pictures of i when I just use it as a topping, though. I still like it best over fruit.

All this and there are still 3 (or 4?!) quarts left! Any ideas?

12 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, your ideas for using the MimiCreme are great (and delicious)!! I'm out of ideas though for the remaining contents that you have left over - good luck! :0)

*Kiwi said... Best Blogger Tips

*gasp* mom gave you 7 quarts...how am i not surprised..at least it wasn't green chilies..man i still have a couple cans someplace. =)

Ruby Red said... Best Blogger Tips

Coconut Cashew Kiwi Oatmeal...that title is so catchy. I think I just might say it all day for fun. The picture is so purrrdy too!

Oh my gosh, that chocolate bread pudding looks out of this world! I bet you could make fettucini alfredo with mimiccreme too -- there's a vegan recipe on their website.

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said... Best Blogger Tips

ooh, ooh! make ice cream! even if you don't have a maker, I'm sure you could fake it with a blender. (and yummy yummy stuff in this post, especially that black pudding, yum!)

VeganCowGirl said... Best Blogger Tips

The coconut cashew kiwi oatmeal looks (and sounds) amazing. Great combo!

bazu said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! I understand the joy and overwhelmingness of having a windfall of stuff. I'm intrigued by mimicream- I just found out that they sell it out in Liverpool, so I'm going to have to go check it out. You've given me good ideas!

Judy's Nutrition said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, that is a lot to use up, though I am not clear on what this MimiCreme is in the first place. YOur creations looks delicious though.

Rural Vegan said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh wow, it all looks so good! I'm also going to nominate ice cream for the remaining 4 quarts. Vegan Ice Cream Paradise uses a lot of non-dairy creamers in her recipes.

Vegan_Noodle said... Best Blogger Tips

Jeez, you've been busy with that mimiccreme!! That chocolate bread pudding looks soooo good.

My suggestion... make ice cream!

miishmash said... Best Blogger Tips

In smoothies.

With peach cobbler.

Bec Tastic said... Best Blogger Tips

No stores near me sell mimicreme, so I buy it in cases of 12 quarts direct from the manufacturer, and honestly I have no trouble using it up in a timely manner. I go through about a quart every two weeks. Usually though I wait until I have some other reason to use it, such as in a creamy soup or "alfredo" sauce, and then use the rest in my coffee and in smoothies. If I weren't allergic to soy, though, I'd probably just use Silk creamer, which is cheaper and locally available.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Ice cream!! =) I just used it to make some vegan green tea ice cream, and the texture was great. Very creamy and delicious...